Hydroponics have become increasingly popular over the last decade. Not only because people love gardening and nurturing plants, but also as a means to safe some space, energy, and be greener. It might seem like a complex system, but once you understand the basics needed to run such a system – you’ll be able to grow your own.
What is a Hydroponic System?
It’s a method used to grow plants without the use of soil. So, without planting little seedlings in a big garden where the soil has been treated with fertilizer and compost, you grow plants in little pods either inside your home or a greenhouse. This allows farmers to grow produce throughout the year, no matter what the season. It also eliminates the use of excessive water and hectares.
One of the most important components of growing a successful hydroponics garden is having the right fertilizer. Since the roots don’t have to grow through the soil to absorb what it needs through it, farmers can give the right nutrients to their plants by injecting it into the little containers. High quality fertilizers, like the ones found here: https://wholesalehydroponics.ca/big-bud-liquid-clone-.html, have become greatly sought after.
Advantages of a Hydroponics Systems
There are many advantages for farmers or home growers who want to make the switch from traditional soil to hydroponics. Here is a list of the best advantages:
- Better Quality: A much higher quality of produce are achieved because the system eliminates the exposure to harmful factors. The use of pesticides is very low, since the plants are grown in a controlled environment
- Less Evaporation: In a world where water is so important, the hydroponics system helps us save water. Instead of watering through sprayers on hundreds of yards of land, the plant can absorb the needed volume of water through a closed tube. Without the exposure to intense heat from outside, there are less evaporation as well
- Saves Money: In the long run, a hydroponic garden can save you a lot of expenses. Not only on the purchase of fresh produce, but also on the expenses of seeds, seedlings, compost for your garden, and gardening services. A well-run hydroponics system will give you the ability to produce your own seeds, seedlings, and fresh and healthy produce. You might even be able to sell your healthily grown fruits and veggies to make an extra income
- Diversity: Apart from the fact that farmers can grow a huge variety of plants. They can also grow plants anywhere in the world. Now, you don’t need perfectly treated soil in the garden, you can grow your own in a greenhouse, no matter whether you have bad soil in the yard. The best plants for indoor hydroponics can be found on this list.
- Takes Up Less Space: One of the best advantages of this system, is that it doesn’t require that much space. Plants can be placed in close proximity in their own growing pods without stealing nutrients from each other out of the soil. The system also allows for plants to be moved from room to room. Allowing farmers to place their greens in a germination room and a separate seedling room, etc.
What Tools Do I Need?
If you are a beginner, then you might not know where to start. Here is a list of the most basic things you’ll need to start your own garden:
Many farmers will still use the sun as a light source. Lighting is a very important part in growing nutritious greeneries and when you can’t use the sun, you’ll be needing additional light sources.
There are many different types of grow lights available for hydroponics gardens. You should consider the light spectrum, intensity, cost, and area of coverage when choosing your lighting source.
Grow Mediums and Nutrients
Because the system eliminates the direct contact with soil, it’s important that your greeneries get their nutrients and vitamins from the right kind of growing medium. Fertilizers like the Big Bud liquid clone fertilizer range are great options to keep your garden healthy.
Manufacturers have made it easy for cultivators in that they already designed and combined different types of grow materials according to the types of plants you are growing. Grow mediums will have an effect on the pH stability, aeration levels, and water retention, so make sure you do your research on different types available and choose one best suited.
Starting your very own hydroponics system isn’t that difficult when you have all the right tools, growing mediums, and nutrients for your plants.
Plants can be very sensitive creatures, especially when it comes to pH levels. To ensure that they are exposed to the right kind of pH balance, you should invest in a pH meter that can measure the levels of the nutrients. You will be able to find other products like electronic meters, liquid kits, or test strips from wholesale distributors to consistently check on the pH level.
You’ll be able to adjust the pH levels of your fertilizers and nutrients if it’s out of balance.
There are many different types of hydroponic systems that you can choose from. Depending on the space you have available, the plants you want to grow, and the amount of time you want to invest, you can choose between a Nutrient Film Technique, Deep Water Culture, Wick System, Drip Hydroponics, EBB flow, or Aeroponics system.
Learn more about the different systems here: https://www.nosoilsolutions.com/6-different-types-hydroponic-systems/.
Trays and Beds
Depending on what you were planting, you can invest in different types of trays and beds in which your plant will grow within a solution.
It’s not that difficult starting your own little hydroponics garden. If you have more space available, you can even start a full-blown veggie patch within a small greenhouse. As longs as you plan ahead, obtain the right kinds of tools, and ensure your greeneries get the right kind of fertilizers, nutrients, and light – they’ll be blossoming in no time.